Titanfall: The First Big Game of the New Console War

So the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One have been out for a couple of months now.  Both seem to be fighting for market share although Xbox seems to have lost some fans with some of the requirements for internet connection to play single player games or lack of ability to play older titles  etc.   Speaking of titles available to play….

Slim pickin’s for games on these next generation consoles currently.  Sure, COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 are available, but I feel fairly certain that anyone wanting to play those titles already picked them up for PC or Xbox360/PS3.

Come this March however Sony will have the Infamous Second Son title as an exclusive but the game that everyone seems to be talking about is the Xbox One Exclusive-Titanfall

Playstation 4 seems to be standing atop the console mountain currently but could Titanfall be the game to change the momentum?  Gamers do love them some first person shooters and this is the first amazing next generation title to be released and it is an Xbox exclusive.

Makes you wonder if there would have been more Dear Santa letters referencing the Xbox one if this title shipped with it-or was at least available.

9 thoughts on “Titanfall: The First Big Game of the New Console War

1. Trent Richards says:

You hit the nail on the head about the Xbox One single player internet access. That’s one of the reasons why I now have a PS4 – I like to take my console with me when I travel, and I don’t always have internet access..

• Kris says:

Too bad Titanfall isn’t going to be on Playstation though. I bet a lot of people will buy an Xbox one just because of this game. Playing it on PC would be an alternative but to me first person shooters are just better on console somehow-not sure how.

• "Chadwick575" says:

That is the word. They recently had an open beta for Xbox one and PC which went “OK”. Some bugs and black screen issues but all in all it’s a pretty fun game. It lacks a lot of the depth that Battlefield has but is definitely playable. Worth buying an Xbox one if you don’t already have one? I wouldn’t.

• francis woods says:

I thought so too but I played it on the Xbox and it really blew me away. Now I kind of want the XBox over my PS4 but I am sure when this is released for us, I will change back!

2. Stefan says:

I wish there was a console that “had them all”. It’s frustrating having to play some games on PS, some on XBOX, some on my computer. I’d prefer to pay 3 times the amount for one system that could run them all flawlessly and not go out of date for at least 5 years.

3. francis woods says:

I am waiting for this to come out on my PS4! I played it on the XBox and it is one amazing moment after another! I thought the XBox One would be underwhelming compared to the PS4 but this game changed my mind.

4. Brtanica says:

I didn’t care for the game. I tried it at a friend’s and I am not sure what it was about the game, but I couldn’t get into it. I loved Destiny but this, just not my cup of tea I guess. I was certain I would enjoy it it but I was wrong. I don’t know many people who say they don’t care for it though.